Aftercare - How can I extend the life of my Eyelash Extensions?
Though easy to maintain, proper care and maintenance will ensure the life of your lash extensions.
The first 24 hours: are crucial for the adhesive to dry and provide a strong, durable bond. Therefore, it's very important to adhere to the following instructions:
• Keep them dry. Avoid showering, washing your face with hot water or wetting your lashes. (The very minimum is 2 hours.) A dry washcloth can be rolled up and placed over your brows when you shower to protect your extensions from becoming totally saturated.
• Avoid swimming or exposure to steam, heat or saunas.
• Avoid oil-based creams and lotions on, or around, the eyes.
• Avoid eyelash tinting, perming or chemical treatments.
• Avoid chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes.
• Avoid sleeping on side or stomach.
• Do not apply eyelid or lash makeup.
• Do not apply mascara
After the first 24 hours: Although the adhesive has dried, certain activities can weaken the adhesive bond and result in premature loss of your lash extensions. Therefore the following guidelines are recommended:
• You can swim, shower and exercise as usual but avoid excessive exposure to heat or steam.
• Be gentle, don't rub your eyes excessively and don't pick or pull on the lashes as it can pull your own eyelash out along with the extension. Take special care around the eye area when cleansing your face. Gently cleanse the eye area and do not scrub or rug your eyes.
• Avoid oil-based eye care products or oil-based eye make-up remover. Use of oil-based products can weaken the adhesive bond.
• Avoid eyelash curlers as they can damage both natural and synthetic lashes. Eyelash combs are great for grooming your lashes every morning.
•We advise against the use of mascara as the purpose of the eyelash extensions is to give you the look of a flawless mascara without having to wear any.
Do not attempt to remove the extensions yourself. Have them removed by your professional lash stylist.
Scheduled appointment times are reserved especially for you. We value your business and ask that you respect our scheduling policies. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify us at least 24 hours before your appointment time to avoid a cancellation fee.
A credit card is required to hold appointments at Lash District. If you choose not to provide your credit card information, we will not hold your appointment. A $25 dollar cancellation fee will be charged to the credit card on file for each appointment that is cancelled less than 24 hours before the appointment time. No-shows will be charged in full for the scheduled service.
We recognize the time of our clients and staff is valuable and have implemented this policy for this reason. When you miss an appointment with us, we not only lose your business, but also the potential business of other clients who could have scheduled an appointment for the same time. For these reasons we ask that you honor the time we've set aside for you and give us notice if you are not going to make your appointment.When you schedule your appointment with us, you are agreeing to these policies. All services require a credit card so please have your credit card ready when booking. Your credit card number is used only to reserve the appointment. You are not pre-paying for your service. You will not be billed unless there is a cancellation or no show. Upon checkout, guests may choose their method of payment.
If you arrive late, we will not be able to extend your appointment time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, we will have to reschedule your appointment. Out of respect and consideration for your lash stylist and other customers, please do your best to be on time.
No Children, Please
While we love children, we respectfully request NO children under 12 while you are receiving service...This is to ensure that your lash artist can then concentrate 100% on you and your treatment, and that every guest within our spa is not interrupted. It is against health and safety obligations to have children in the spa unsupervised. If you arrive with your children without prior discussion with management, your service may be refused with full cost owing. We thank you for your consideration, co-operation and understanding.
Due to liability reasons, we do not fill lash extensions applied by another facility. New clients who currently have eyelash extensions applied by another facility will require a removal and new set. Thank you for understanding.